Back to Top
OS: Windows Server 2008 standard R2
RAM: 16 GB Ram
HDD: 80 GB for OS
500 GB for SAP
320 GB for Oracle
Machine: IBM BladeCenter
Database: Oracle 11g
SAP ERP: SAP ERP EHP5
SAP Solman 7.1 preparation comprises of installing specific java j2dk and Oracle 11g database, setting java environment variables and page file size.
1) Install Java 1.4.2_19 for Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (SAP recommendation).
2) Copy JAVA sdk path to Windows Environment Variables. Follow the following steps to perform this task.
Navigate to your java sdk installation path it should be in “C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin” (copy the path).
Right click on My Computer and select properties, and select “Advanced” tab, and click on button labeled “Environment Variables”.
under “User variables for Administrator” click on “New” button.
type “JAVA_HOME” in “Variable name” field and paste the Java sdk path “C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13” (Exclude “\bin” here) in “Variable value”.
under “System variables” click on Path and then click Edit at the end of “Variable Value” type semicolon(;) and paste the complete path of Java sdk (C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin) .
Open CMD and type JAVAC and hit enter. If it give output, you aer good to go (if cmd did not recognized “JAVA” then you have to repeat steps).
3) Set the virtual memory, Initial Size to 4000 MB and Maximum Size to 4096 Setting Virtual Memory
Right click on My Computer and select properties, and select “Advanced” tab, under Performance, click on “Settings”.
In performace Option Click on “Advanced” tab and make sure “Backgroud Services” and “System Cache” are selected under “Processor schedulling” and “Memory Usage” fields respectively.
In the “Vitual memory” area click on change and set Initial Size to 4000 MB and Maximum Size to 4096 for each Drive.
4)Oracle: Double click on sapserver.cmd file to start the Oracle Universal Installer( found in x:\sw\ORACLE_RDBMS_188.8.131.52_Windows_x64\database\SAP) DVD no. 51038964
5) Provide installation drive and SID (3 alpha numeric characters)
6) Do not select the check box, Choose Next. The installer issues a warning. Choose Yes and then Next, and skip the software updates.
7) Select Database install only.
8) Select Single instance database installation and select English Language.
9) Select Enterprise Edition.
10) Click Next to proceed and leave the default entries in Oracle installation paths and click next and let installer check for Prerequisite and finally click install to install.
We have Successfully Installed Java j2dk, oracle 11g database and Prepared our machine for solman 7.1 installtion, Stay Tuned for Part 2: SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 Installation.